"ADDIE-TUDE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER"
Addie-tude Performing Arts Center is committed to building and expanding the community in Social dancing and Theater arts. The vision for the development of this organization will be to make opportunities for Kids and Adults who are currently involved or interested in the performing arts to have a place to share/showcase their ideas, talents and gain the community exposure to network, and perhaps provide a starting chance for an emerging artist.
We strive to support the up and coming artists with the necessary skills to move up to the next level. Our studio-family encourages our students to understand and appreciate the importance of education, positive family interaction and cultural awareness through the arts.
ADDIE DIAZ: Master Dance Instructor (Kids and Adults)
ADDIE DIAZ received her professional Mambo dance training at 25. She had the opportunity to travel throughout the U.S. and abroad to perform and teach dance workshops. Addie is a Worldwide pioneer for her Mambo Ladies Styling and New York style of dancing. She formed her own dance company as Director & Choreographer in 1998. Her family moved to Westchester County, NY where she teaches weekly Kids and Adult Salsa classes and other Latin Cultural dances. She is an ArtsWestchester resident artist, also teaching dance in Public Schools and Community sites throughout Westchester. Focusing on strong fundamentals for all students. Addie very much enjoys being a part of her student's growth in dance. And watching them enjoy the experience of their own development is the most rewarding accomplishment of all!
Addie is available to teach Private lessons for Couples, Singles or Groups
and can be reached at:
Cell: 917/215-1720 / Email: AddietudeDance@gmail.com
LIVE CONCERTS (Latin Dance Performer):
- Richie Ray and Bobby Cruz (June 2009): Hostos Ctr. For Arts (NY)
Dance Co. Director and Featured Dancer
- Latin Madness Off-Broadway Musical, NY (2003): w/ Tito Puente Orch:
Hostos Ctr For Arts (NY)
- Featured Dancer, Singer & Background Extra
- El Gran Combo (1998): Meadowlands Arena (NJ) – Featured Dancer
- Domingo Quinonez & Tony Vega Concert (1997):
Flushing Meadows Park (NY), Dance
- Jerry Rivera Live Concerts (1993-1995):
- Concierto Del Amor - MSG (NY)
- Premios Lo Nuestro - Miami (FL)
- (2) Jerry Rivera Concerts & Live TV “Show De Gisella” - Lima (Peru)
- La India (1995): Lehman Center For The Performing Arts
Dance Group Coordinator and Featured Dancer
- Combinacion Perfecta Album Tour (1993-1995):
RMM Dancer (Ralph Mercado Management), Featured Dancer For
Album Artists including: Tito Puente, Celia Cruz, Oscar De Leon,
Marc Anthony, Tony Vega, Tito Nieves, Ray Sepulveda, etc:
- Hollywood Bowl (CA) - Colliseo Roberto Clemente (PR)
- Madison Square Garden (NY) - Cali (Columbia)
- Barranquilla (Columbia) - Bogota (Columbia)
- Medellin (Columbia)
- Plantando Banderas (2011) - Producer, Director, Choreographer, Dancer
- “Handsome Harry” (2008) - Dance Choreographer: Salsa Dance club
Scene w/ Principal Actors: Jamey Sheridan & Karen Young
- La Peloqueria (2005) - Theater Show, Role:“Singing Receptionist”
and Latin dance performer.
- “Saving Face” ( Forensic Films) (2003) - Dance Technical Advisor: Salsa
Dance Scene between Principal Actors: Michelle Krusiec & David Shih,
- Latin Madness (Off-Broadway Musical-Traveling Theater)-(’02 & ’03):
Featured Dancer & Background Extra: California, UK, Switzerland
- Latin Madness (I thru III New York Runs) - Off Broadway Musical
(2001- 2003): Singer, Featured Dancer & Background Extra
- “The Education of Max Bixford (2002) - 20th Century Fox Film Corp:
Dance Consultant for Club Restaurant Scene.
Lead Actor: Richard Dreyfuss
- Carlito’s Way: Film/Background Dancer (1993):
Kaufman Astoria Studios - NY
• Side Street Kids (Bronx, NY) – Non-Profit Organization: Contributing
Choreographer and Staff Volunteer Instructor for Weekly Adult &
Children’s Latin Dance Program (Since 1999 -Present)
• LES Kids: NY Puerto Rican Day Parade Volunteer Choreographer (2001)
• Con Sazon Dance Company: Choreographer for Debut Performance
NEW YORK (WKLY) DANCE INSTRUCTOR:
• UMC Arts Center (Tarrytown, NY): Weekly Adult Salsa Classes (Since 2009)
• Arts Westchester: Dance Residencies throughout the Public Schools and
Community Sites within Westchester County (Since 2008)
• YWCA & YMCA (White Plains, NY): Weekly Salsa Classes (Since 2008-2010)
• Side Street Kids (Bronx, NY) – Non-Profit Organization: Staff Volunteer
Instructor for Weekly Adult & Children’s Latin Dance Program (Since 2007)
• Theodore D. Young Community Center (White Plains, NY) - Pre-Teen Weekly
Performance Class (Since 2007)
• Astoria Dance Centre – Weekly Salsa Class (2004-2005)
• Sony Music Ent. Employee Gym (HFC) – Wkly Salsa Class (2004)
• The Harbor Conservatory for Performing Arts Wkly Salsa Class
(1995 – 2004)
• Caribbean Cultural Center – Bushwick H.S. – Dance Residencies: Salsa
History & Dance Course (2003)
• United Nations: 3 Month Employee Dance Class (2000)
• New York Sports Club: Salsa Aerobics Instructor – Manhattan, NYC (1999)
• Eight Avenue Studios - Weekly Mambo/Salsa Dance Classes (1998 – 2001)
• The Harbor for Performing Arts -Wkly Salsa Dance Classes (1995-1997)
INTERNATIONAL & U.S. WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR:
• Miami Salsa Congress – Ladies Styling (2009)
• Zurich Salsa Fest, Switzerland – Ladies Styling and Cha-Cha Classes (2004)
• UK International Salsa Congress 2003 – Bognor Regis (South of England)
• 1s t and 3rd Annual East Coast Salsa Congress (2001 & 2003) – New York
• 3rd and 5th Annual West Coast Salsa Congress, Los Angeles, CA - (‘01 & ‘03)
• Kutscher Counry Club, Monticello, NY Ladies Styling & Cha-Cha Classes ('02)
• Atlanta Ballroom, Atlanta, GA - Mambo Workshop (2002)
• Mambo Monster Promotions, Baltimore, MD – Salsa Partnerwork Class ('02)
• 1st Annual “Salsa Kongress”, Zurich, Switzerland – 3 Workshops (2002)
• 1st Dominican Republic Salsa Congress – Ladies Styling Workshop (2002)
• Aloha Activity Center - Waikiki, Hawaii (2001)
• Skyline Night Club, Munich, Germany – Basic Mambo Workshop (2001)
• "Y' Community Center - Hiroshima, Japan (2000)
• 2nd Annual Salsaweb Convention, Toronto, Canada (2000)
• United Nations - New York City (2000)
• AHRC (Assoc. Help for Disabled Children) NYC-Dance Class for Employee
• Pineapple Dance Studios & Las Brasas - London, England (1999)
• Club Nation Dance Studios - Paris, France (1999)
• 1st Annual Salsaweb Convention - Washington, DC (1999)
• Side Street Kids Academy - Bronx, New York (Various Choreography
• Activ Fitness Gym, Zurich, Switzerland - Salsa Dance Workshops (1999)
• Swingtime Studio - Los Angeles, CA – Ladies Styling Workshops (1997)
• Cafe' Cocomo, San Francisco, CA – Mambo Dance and Ladies Styling
AMY OLIN: Zumba Instructor
I'm at my happiest on the dance floor! Dance is a lifelong passion and with fitness, it can't be beat! With a background in teaching' music, dance, dance exercise, cardio fitness, tap dancing, choreography... ZUMBA opened up a whole new world and I was hooked with my very first Merengue routine. I hold a group fitness certification from AFAA (aka Aerobic Fitness Association of America), and am currently licensed in many ZUMBA formats. Incorporating and demonstrating good postural form and alignment to help prevent injury isa key component to my classes. Additionally, I specialize in ZUMBA Gold, which I fondly refer to as ZUMBA's low impact approach yet keeping to the ZUMBA formula of a great sassy workout.
I am also licensed in Silver Sneakers Fitness, a senior fitness program supported by Medicare to enhance health and wellness among the 65+ population.I can't wait to start teaching ZUMBA Kids and ZUMBA Kids Jr. as I recently earned that licensing. With experience teaching kids most of my life, this will be yet another ZUMBA joy.
Join one of my classes for guaranteed fun, dance, laughs, friends along with toning, calorie burning, smiles, sizzle and sweat. I promise an easy, un-intimidating learning environment."
I takes you a few classes to get use to the steps, but don't worry, "FEEL THE MUSIC" and just keep moving'. Exercise can't get any better than this!
- For more information on Amy's classes, go to: http://amyolin.zumba.com
- To contact Amy, email her at: email@example.com
JAZMIN GARCIA: Kids/Teens Latin Dance Instructor
JAZMIN GARCIA began her Mambo and Cha-Cha training with Addie Diaz & Nelson Flores at the age of 8 in 1993. In 1995, She joined the “Jason Molina’s Dancing Stars”, a professional dance troupe for kids. This team gave her lots of exposure and the opportunity to perform live on stage with popular artists at a young age. As an original member of Addie-tude Dance Company Jazmin has always enhanced the group with her experience and team spirit, She has assisted in training new dancers to the group. Always willing to step in and work on the next project, Jazmin has contributed in Ladies Stlying for new Choreographies. In addition has assisted Addie Diaz during Ladies Stlyling workshops and studio classes. She has performed for Congresses throughout the U.S. includingHawaii and California. As well as in Switzerland and Canada. Jazmin is an Original cast member of the 1st Plantando Banderas Latino-Pride play run in November 2011 and again in October & December of 2012.
LATIN DANCE INSTRUCTOR:
- Addie-tude Kids Latin Dance Staff Instructor: Beg Levels (2010 - Present)
- Ct. Salsa Festival (Ladies Styling On2) Assistant Instructor (May 2011)
- Hawaii Salsa Congress (Ladies Styling On2) Asst Instructor (March 2011)
- Boston Salsa Congress (Ladies Styling On2) Assistant Instructor (April 2010)
- Addie-tude Dance Company - Professional Dance Team - (2002-2012)
- Nelson Flores' Dance Classes - (10-11yrs Old 1995-1996)
- Jason Molina's Dancing Stars Kids Dance Troupe - (8-9yrs Old: '93-'94)
KIANA DAVALOS : Kids/Teen Hip-Hop Dance Instructor
KIANA DAVALOS is a self taught aspiring dancer and choreographer from Westchester County, NY. She has performed all over the state from charity events and fundraisers, to talent shows and birthday parties. Aside from performing, Kiana has also been featured in music videos, commercials National dance battles and "America's Got Talent" as well as danced alongside artists such as Robert Taylor from "So You Think you Can Dance" and Akon's upcoming artist "Wizkid". Students learn beginners and intermedate choreogrpahy as well as basics in Hip-Hop such as waving, tutting, locking, popping and breaking
- Addie-tude Kids Dance Classes (Hip-Hop) Staff Instructor:
Ages 6-15yr Olds (July 2012 - Present)
- Central Park Dance, Scarsdale NY Assistant Hip-Hop Instructor
(August 2011-Sept. 2012)
- Recreational Center, Hastings-on-hudson NY, Hip-Hop Instructor
- After School Program, Hastings-on-Hudson NY Hip-Hop instructor
(October 2012- Currently)
VOLUNTEER WORK: Mentor Program Volunteer program at Hillside Elementary School, Hastings-On-Hudson NY.
- "Learn My History" Charity event showcase.
- Featuredin/ assisted choreography in 16 Handles Commercial.
- Performed with Akon's upcoming Artist "WizKid".
M'BEMBA BANGOURA: Drummer, Dancer & Choreographer from
M'BEMBA BANGOURA has traveled throughout the world as a performer and teacher of African drum and dance and is revered worldwide for his high level of mastery. As a native of Guinea, West Africa, M'Bemba began drumming at a very young age. By the age of 21, he was acclaimed as an accomplished drummer and was invited to play for Ballet Djoliba, the National Ensemble of Guinea, which he played in for 13 years. Since moving to the US in 1992, M'Bemba has been an integral part of many drum and dance conferences and workshops nationwide, as well as teaching and performing internationally in Canada, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. M'Bemba has been an integral part of many drum and dance conferences and has released 3 CDs, and two DVDs. He has taught hundreds of students, many of who are now teachers themselves. In addition, he has personally created choreography and developed repertoire for dozens of dance companies in New York City and abroad. M'Bemba is one of the foremost ambassadors for Guinean drum and dance.
For Information on M'Bemba's classes contact Matt Young at:
TEL: 914/715-7708 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TIFFANY MELLARD: Ballet / Contemporary Jazz / Hip-Hop / Tap
TIFFANY MELLARD is New York native, born and raised in the Bronx. She started her dance training at the age of four at Mind Builders Creative Arts Center, and then continued her professional training at Harlem School of the Arts and Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for Music and Art & Performing Arts. In 2011, Tiffany received her Bachelor’s in Fine Arts in Dance from the Florida State University. Throughout her 20+ years of dance training, she has studied many dance styles such as ballet, contemporary, modern, jazz, West African, hip hop, and tap. Upon graduating from FSU, Tiffany returned to New York where she performed with various dance companies as well as joined the international tour cast of the Broadway musical, West Side Story.
For the last five years, Tiffany has been teaching ballet, contemporary, jazz, West African, and hip hop in dance studios, community centers, and after school programs inTallahassee, FL and New York City. Tiffany is very passionate about sharing her love for dance to the next generation of artists and is proud to be on the faculty at Addie-Tude Performing Arts Center!